Tuesday, March 15, 2011

runners are no joke

Are you a runner? I have a ton of respect for you. Running is no joke!

I've been training for my half-marathon for a little while now. IT.IS.HARD. (think a lot of huffing and puffing & sweating) :) Maybe the middle of winter is not the best time to start training for a big race. The great Northwest produces a ton of rain. I really don't mind running in the rain. Since, I do not have a gym membership, I've been doing a lot of that lately. It's the wind that gets to me! Wind and rain combo are killers.

I was suppose to run an 8 miler this weekend that I have yet to run. We've had storm upon storm... I keep looking outside and see the rain going sideways and think, I can wait for a break. And then the break doesn't come. Tomorrow I am biting the bullet no matter what.

wish me luck-

blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Josh is a runner - he just started up again a couple of months ago cold turkey after taking about 9 years off! He did the 8k Shamrock on Sunday. I'm trying to run more too, but I have to walk about every 1/4 mile. =) We like to do the Banks Vernonia on Saturday mornings - you should join us sometime!

    ReplyDelete