Friday, March 4, 2011

patience is a virtue

My heart is aching today. BADLY.

The additional documents that we needed to complete are currently in Washington DC where they will be authenticated with the Rwandan embassy before heading over to Rwanda. I was feeling so encouraged last week. I still am encouraged. I feel like we are finally getting somewhere and drawing closer to our little sweet baby boy. Not hearing any new news for a week is fine. Adoption tests even the most patient person and I do not consider myself patient in any way. Patience has turned into a serious discipline for me. One that I have to routinely practice giving to God.

The ache is back today in a powerful way. Drawing closer gives you the sweet thought of having your child in your arms. Loving him and kissing him and playing with him and never letting go of him. I dislike very much being on the verge of tears at any given moment. Right here and right now I am (again) giving my heart to my God who graciously allows me to draw close to Him. It is all for His glory.

My heart is stirring for the orphans of Rwanda. I am working on an idea that I will blog about in my next post. I am going to call on all of you to help defend the cause of the orphan. (I'll give you a hint..... something that has to do with the "change for Rwanda" tag on the right hand side of this blog.)

Are you ready?

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bub, I am praying that very soon you and Josh will be traveling to Rwanda to pick up your baby boy!

    Can't wait to read about your idea!

    Love you, Janna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how tough it is to be living this waiting game, Becca. But I'm praying for you (and your boy!) - every single day. For hope and peace to reign in your heart and your home even as you ache to have your boy in your arms. What a sweet day that will be!!

    ReplyDelete