Friday, April 2, 2010

comfortable


I wrote this post last Friday...thought I lost it when my computer decided to shut down....found it saved as a draft so here it is.....

I am a person who likes to be comfortable. Melia and I often refer to clothes as cozy and comfy. I like to be comfortable in life. I enjoy having all my ducks in a row. I like to be in the "know", feeling financially secure with a positive outlook on tomorrow. This my friends, has not been my reality as of the last week. Sure - I have soooo many blessings, don't get me wrong. The list is endless. This little life of comfort I was carving out for is maybe not the way Jesus wants me to live. I am being stretched in ways that I don't like. Obedience means being that oftentimes that push out of your comfort zone into a wonderful world of TOTAL reliance on Jesus who provides the only source of true inner peace. I can't do it myself and I have to submit to Him. I'll spare you the details as of late, but this last week has been stressful. I have been too exhausted to keep you updated on adoption stuff and life in general. Not to get too crazy spiritual but I have felt the lion prowling hungry for his prey. I have also felt this internal peace from my Savior. A peace way down in there that I know comes from Him. We are on the right track. Please keep us in your prayers.

Things are going smoothly with the adoption process. We had all four of our social worker visits last week. Jodi, our social worker, is great. She asked us every question imaginable, from growing up years to marriage to family/parenting styles. I feel as though I should now add her to our Christmas card list. :) The purpose of all the questions is to make a report that that will be sent in as a part of our dossier telling whoever reads our file in rwanda about us. Gives them a little background and insight into our lives.

We did receive our FBI checks in the mail. Yahoo! Thank you for praying. That means that we can now hand in all our dossier info to our case worker at AGCI (once our home study is complete) and she can begin to make sure we have everything in order before sending to Rwanda.

Next step...once Jodi's report is done and AGCI has checked it out, we get to send our entire home study along with a new form (I 600 A) to the US CIS office in Texas. What is the US CIS office you ask? Great question. It's the department for US citizenship and Immigration Services and is within the Department of Homeland Security. Whoooo- sounds so official. An approval letter from US CIS gives our son permission to enter the US. We have started to work on all the info that we need to send in with our application and home study. Hopefully, we will send that off next week sometime.

Lastly, It's my sweet baby girl's birthday today! I praise God for this child. I was cuddling her a bit last night before bed and humming the song that I would sing to her every night when she was a baby. My mind flooded with memories of intense, hard baby nights and...what a gift she is to me. How my life has changed since having her in so many wonderful ways. She makes me want to be a better person. She adds so much joy and blessing to my life. It's hard to remember life when we only had Melia and it's only been 2 years. Thank you Jesus for my Kylie!

No comments:

Post a Comment