Thursday, March 4, 2010

Get going

We said yes to adopting. We said yes to our agency. We said yes to filling out the application and paying an application fee.....then we met with people from our agency and got allllll our paperwork. I'm talking two notebooks worth of items to retrieve, copy, find, sign up for, fill out, type up, etc....It is no small task. On top of the dossier notebook (for international adoption) and the homestudy notebook (state adoption), our agency requires us to take on line training courses for internatinal adoption and complete a 170 page workbook. We were taking in all that we had to do at the agency and when we got home I looked at Josh and said, "What are we suppose to do?" Talk about overwhelming. I'm one of those chicks who has to take in things for awhile, make lists, wrap my head around what needs to be accomplished. I truly didn't know where to begin at that moment. I was spinning.

Josh is the calm one in this duo. He was so great. He said let's get going. He took on the legal documents junk. I don't do well there. I took on the more emotional areas. Things like getting our reference forms out to people, making appts. for various dr. visits to fill out forms, etc.... What a great team we make. Thank you Lord for my man. After about a month of pouring every extra minute into our notebooks and training, we are close to being done. Yeah - the light is getting bigger. Please pray with us that our FBI fingerprints will come in the mail to us very soon. We sent them in right away but haven't received them back yet. It's so hard to be patient when things are out of my control. Funny lesson in life maybe :). I'll tell ya what a good motivator is though.......thinking about my boy. Thinking about looking into his eyes and kissing his cheek. Come on' - what mom wouldn't climb the highest mountain or swim the biggest sea for their kid. There is a fire that burns in me when I think about him. We keep on going......

3 comments:

  1. "There is a fire that burns in me when I think about him." SO beautifully said, Bub. Your son is already so lucky to have you as his mommy.

    I was so happy to see an update today. Keep 'em coming, girl!

    Love you-
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Your blog makes me cry every time. Way to go!You guys are so fast. :-) Cheering for you, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited sister! Can't wait for him to get here so we can start loving on him...

    ReplyDelete