Thursday, March 18, 2010

do a little dance

On Monday we headed up to our adoption agency's office in Portland. We were there to throw, I mean, hand in our homestudy documents and paperwork. I was so excited. A small weight came off my shoulders as so many hours of hard work was turned in completed. One step closer.... I wanted to do a little dance. A little shakin' of the tail feather in honor of my son. I assumed this could cause severe embarassment to myself and family so I contained myself as all was being carefully looked over and reviewed to be done completely and correctly by our agency. After all this is official business and I must show how mature and sound I am. (keep comments to self :) )

Next step....we were assigned a social worker who will meet with us a total of four times. All countries have their own specific requirements that adoptive parents must accomplish. I hear four times is more than most countries require but none the less, Rwanda wants to be very thorough. Jodi is our social worker's name and she sounds awesome. We've talked on the phone and her first meeting with us is tomorrow (Friday) night. Being new to this adoptive stuff I asked her what her role is and she said that she will ask us a ton of questions about us personally and as a family. We had to fill out personal files (Josh and I did) as part of the our homestudy and she will go over those with us. Sounds kinda intense but Jodi was quick to add that we shouldn't be nervous and it is a very casual process. I'm guessing they want to make sure we are in real life who we said we were on paper.

This is an interesting ride. I was just telling a good friend today that I would never have thought in a million years my life would take this kind of turn. I love how God leads. I love how God is strectching me to rely on him. Adoptive stuff feels sometimes too big to accomplish. And on my own - it is! I am on my knees for His guidance and strength. It's drawing me so much closer to the Lord. I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment