Tuesday, June 21, 2011

keeping a grip on hope

I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks and there is a lot to let you in on.

I did meet with Angie from ANLM and hand over a check to help feed the street kids of Kigali. So Awesome! Thank you again for your generosity. For $15.52 a month you can feed a child. Such a small amount that has life changing affects on young lives.

We did have a garage sale and raised almost $1,000 towards our travel costs. How cool is that! It was a one day blow out sale where we were wheeling and dealing. I was kinda of stressed out. It's little ways in life I can tell that I am stretched tight on the emotional spectrum. This was one of those moments. We got the whole sale ready and then the morning of, I was thinking I can't do this. I can't talk and bargain and deal with people today. I had a freak out moment. Thank you to my big sis for coming over and handling the sale (along with Josh) while I went inside and "hid" for a bit. Also, a big thanks to my pal Shauna for coming over and helping get things ready the night before. You have a gift girl with organization and garage sales! :) Thank you to my mom who took the girlies for most of the day so I could have complete focus on making money.

This last week has been really tough. I haven't blogged because I really don't have words at this point. We heard from Rwanda that we have six months to be placed with a child and if we aren't matched in those six months then our case will be "closed for good". I read recently scripture from The Message that sums up how I feel, if I had to try and articulate it.

"I'll never forget the trouble, the utter lostness, the taste of ashes, the poison I've swallowed. I remember it all - oh, how well I remember- the feeling of hitting the bottom. But there's one other thing I remember, and remembering, I keep a grip on hope: God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every m
orning. How great is your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I got left. It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God".
Lamentations 3:19-24, 26 (The Message)

I would just ask that you keep praying. God is in control. We are confident of that!

blessings!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT update. You have been busy and such a good steward of the opportunities and passions God has given you and birthed within in you. I'm so proud to be your friend. I can empathize with hitting that wall where the emotional toll is overwhelming and once normal activities seem to require more energy and grace than we have. So thankful for your family and friends who came around you. Community is a beautiful thing and blessed is the woman who can ask for/ receive help. Praying desperately your referral comes this summer and you can travel and be back well before that six month window ever approaches. What hard news. It seems like the hits keep on coming. What a powerfully worded passage in Lamentations. I'm in your corner girl, hoping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to ALL that Bex said and thanks for the update!
    It was so great to see you Sunday, Becca. I am praying daily that the next time I see you it will be with your boy in your arms and with his little arms wrapped tightly around your neck! God is showing you rich blessings even in your heartache. His faithfulness truly is great. I am so glad your hope is in Him. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you girl- I know it is impossible feeling. Lauren Wall mentioned your blog to me and I look forward to seeing it unfold. Praying there will be a beautiful ending.

    ReplyDelete