Sunday, May 22, 2011

no guts no glory

We did it! We came, we saw, we conquered. Okay, more like I huffed and puffed my way through a beautiful 13.1 mile course this morning. It was a hard run for me. I knew by about mile 5 that I was going to need to dig deep to finish this race. I knew I would finish but I had to take it one mile at a time. :)

We have to collect a couple more jars and then I will post the final count of change that came in. Thank you from the depths of my heart for choosing to care and participate in our fundraiser.

My legs are sore but my heart is filled with joy!

The few pictures from the today:



Melia waiting for me to finish.



Melissa and her kids. Melissa trained with me and was such a HUGE encouragement! She ended up getting sick with some yucky respiratory junk, so she became the race day photographer. (All these pics are from her camera). Thank you Melissa for all your help and love. You are AWESOME!!!!!


I can see the finish line. I'm almost there.


What a hunk!


Shannon (best buddy since college) ran with us, sporting the orphan awareness t-shirt.



Thanks to my mom and dad who had the girls spend the night.


Just missing our boy.


We did it!

Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I am trying to turn myself into a runner. For the first time in my life I can run a mile. My goal is 3. =D I love the Tshirts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh and Bub,
    AWESOME! You two are amazing! Love the shirts!

    ~Janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look amazing!
    I love those shirts.
    I want to hear more specifics about the Rwanda part of this race.
    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go girl!!! You're AMAZING! And you don't look like you even broke a sweat! So proud of you Becca!

    ReplyDelete