Sunday, November 7, 2010

amy


Having two girls is so much fun. They have their "spats" but they love each other so much. I pray that they are this close their whole lives. I enjoy looking at Kylie's face in the second one where Melia is hugging her maybe a bit too much.

These two girls are solid anchors of faith to me. I wanted to be a mom. I wanted to have kids. God has blessed me far beyond what I deserve. I'm so thankful for them. Jo-Jo has no idea what he's in for with his two older sisters! He may think he's got three mothers. Ha!

I'm guessing all parents going through the adoptive process ride through seasons of highs and lows. I find myself resistant to keep track of how many days...or...months we've been waiting. Some days I pray so hard for him that I think it's just too much. Too painful. I can't stand waiting any longer. Other days I pray little simple prayers throughout the day and don't go too deep. Some weeks I feel at peace and other weeks I think I may lose my mind.

I daily pray for someone to be loving on my son. For someone to be holding him, feeding him, singing to him. For Jo-jo to feel love on some level....

I decided to google our orphanage (Home of Hope) and a blog came up. A girl named Amy had just blogged about her trip to Kigali, Rwanda where she held BABIES at the Home of Hope orphanage!!!! I don't even know this chick and think she's pretty much amazing. Go to her blog if ya want and read about the orphanage where my son most likely is right now! Her blog is:

amytokigali.blogspot.com

I have to warn you that it's hard to read about all these children wanting to be held and loved. Although it was rough, it gave me some peace to read about the details of where my boy is. God reminded me that He sees the whole picture...He loves my son far more than I. Amy specifically talked about one little baby boy that just loved being held and fell asleep in her arms. He allowed me the gift of some peace in my heart to think that there are people who are loving on those sweet little children, hopefully my son included.

So to Amy, I say thank you. From the depths of my heart. Thank you for taking up the cause of the orphan, for raising support to go to Rwanda, and for the love you showed those kids. You are and encouragement and an inspiration.

blessings!

5 comments:

  1. So, I took a little break at work this morning to check in on the blogs I follow and read yours and then Amy's entry about Home of Hope. Needless to say I ending up with tears (and mascara) streaming down my face. Praying for you and Jo-Jo! And thanking God for all those people who do tirelessly look after orphans - day in and day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca,

    You may have already come across this post, but in case not, I think you would enjoy it: http://china2rwanda.blogspot.com/2010/10/witnessing-joy-in-dark-room.html Jeana has posted a couple of follow-up posts as well, so just start at their homepage and read on http://china2rwanda.blogspot.com/ We are also waiting for our dossier to be reviewed and appreciate the first-hand reports from Home of Hope.

    Best,
    Carrie
    http://torwandawego.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! You are back to blogging! I love this post because it so reveals your mothers heart. I love your mother's heart, Bwells! Praying for continued peace today and for protection for little Jo-Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca,
    We are about to celebrate Hope's 5th adoption day and every time this time of tear comes around I'm reminded of the pain of waiting. The days when I thought my heart would literally burst if I did not hold her, hear something, or get another picture. I just want you to know as one who travelled this hard road that someday you will be celebrating JoJo's 5th adoption day, that you will be used to remind another mother in waiting that they really do come home, that God's timing is perfect, that He who promised is faithful. I love you girl and promise to lift your family up in prayer as you wait.
    Malia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca,
    I just saw your comment on my blog. God truly is amazing! Home of Hope is well known to my church in Edmond, Oklahoma, as 3 families have adopted from there. One of the families that adopted 2 sons actually moved to Kigali to work with the ROC foundation (the organization that I went over to work with)...I mentioned Keli in my blog post. She goes every Tuesday afternoon to the orphanage along with Jana. Jana has a great connection with the orphanage. She's worked with adoption organizations in the past and her family has lived in Rwanda for 5 years. Another family that I know well just moved to Rwanda and Onawa will now be joining these ladies in going to the orphanage. I've put their blogs links below, but I know they aren't always able to update on a regular basis.

    http://immeasurablymoreinrwanda.blogspot.com/
    http://inrwanda.wordpress.com/
    http://www.jenkinsinrwanda.blogspot.com/

    While I was at the orphanage, I couldn't help but feel that the little bit I was doing was not enough. I am encouraged now to know that just loving on these babies touched more than just their lives and mine. God works in mysterious ways. Each one of those children will be in my heart and prayers for as long as I live. Keli said to me as we left one time that she prays that the children we held will feel the love and warmth we gave them all through the night. I pray I'm able to go back some day and love those little children some more.

    I am thankful to know that some of the children I held might have loving families in the future. To see the joy on their faces when we entered was incredible. And to see the pain as we left was heartbreaking. I pray they won't have to experience that their entire lives. Thank you for opening your home to a child in such great need of a family. You are living God's word of caring for orphans. God bless.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete