Tuesday, May 4, 2010

let the waiting begin...

We headed up the highway yesterday to AGCI and turned in a few dossier documents that we had to update. (I'll spare you the boring time constraint details and why we had to redo two documents. It almost confuses me enough trying to explain it out-loud to you. Reason # 342 why I loving having a case worker. She says to fix something - we do it and move on. ) Our dossier was sent out yesterday to Washington DC where....wait for it..... it will receive another official certification from the national level. Seriously I'm not quite sure what they do there. Check everything over -- maybe put a seal on it??? Again, just another step that we say "alrighty then" and off to Washington it goes.

It takes two weeks for our dossier to come back to AGCI and then Julie will send it directly to Rwanda! I was giddy with excitement yesterday as we drove home. The BIG bunch of our paper work is d-o-n-e. Josh was cool as a cucumber. That is the balance of our marriage folks. I am jumping around in the car doing some pretty sweet dance moves from the waist up and he looks as though he is playing a game of chess with all emotions firmly intact. His life would be so calm without me. :)

We were hoping for a referral within 3 months but Julie said to plan on 3-6 months now. Oh no. Guess it has slowed down for some reason. He could always come quicker than expected but don't bet on it. And get this.... we are the first dossier for the Rwandan program from AGCI. That means we are first on the waitlist baby! Not sure if that's really cool or really nerve racking? I'm going to go with being really cool. Oh how I do love to blaze a trail.

In the meantime we have lots here to keep us busy! We are going to have a garage sale in two weeks, May 15th & 16th (weather permitting). We need sun or at least no down pours going on. I am clearing things out of my house. Some close friends and family have donated great items to our adoption garage sale. All proceeds are going to our adoption fund. One cool part of our adoption story that I am experiencing is how people support and love on you in real and practical ways. I didn't really think about this aspect before we jumped into our journey. It's humbling and overwhelming all at the same time. I am forever grateful for the love and encouragement we have been shown. (You know who you are!)

So save your money and come buy some great stuff: furniture, exercise equipment, clothing, home decor items, awesome crib bedding (girl) that was hardly used, kid toys, etc.... I think I am going to have a concessions stand for people to buy pop and candy? I've heard that can be a huge hit.

I'm also working on another fund raiser idea that is pretty unique. More on that in a later blog.
blessings!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That was fast!! I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats. You have worked so hard. I love this post and I love how you note the hilarious differences between you and Josh. So cute. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete